OUR HISTORY

Fort Davis Cow Camp is four blocks behind the Jeff Davis County Courthouse located on a beautifully landscaped one-acre facility near Sleeping Lion Mountain. The main house is an adobe structure built in 1892, just 32 years after the U.S. Cavalry post was established nearby.

Other historic facilities on the property include a barn, carriage house and blacksmith shop. The original carriage house was converted into a guest lodge in the 1990’s. The old blacksmith shop was used as a bunkhouse and office and was built over a century ago. The property was purchased by the Fillman family in 1989 and became the headquarters for Cow Camp Companies.

The Bunkhouse and Loft were recently renovated into guest accommodations. Jeannie Norris decorated the interiors in Southwest Style, with many beautiful furnishings and Texas accents.

TRAIL BOSSES

CC 15 copy

Irene and Mark Fillman

THE BEST STAY IN THE WEST!